VBA - SCRAPING WEBSITES VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 46 - Querying Web Pages with Query Tables
- Excel VBA Part 47.1 - Browsing to Websites and Scraping Web Page
- Excel VBA Part 47.2 - Scraping Website Tables and Clicking Links
- Excel VBA Part 47.3 - Internet Explorer vs XML HTTP Request
- Excel VBA Part 47.4 - Logging in to a Website with Windows Security
- Excel VBA Part 47.5 - Basic HTTP GET and POST Requests
- Excel VBA Part 48 - Scraping Multiple Web Pages
- Excel VBA Part 49 - Downloading Files from Websites
- Excel VBA Part 57.1 - Getting Started with Selenium Basic and Google Chrome
- Excel VBA Part 57.2 - Basic Web Scraping with Selenium and Google Chrome
- Excel VBA Part 57.3 - Using Different Web Browsers in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.4 - Finding Web Elements in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.5 - Implicit and Explicit Waits in Selenium
VBA - scraping websites videos | Excel VBA Part 57.2 - Basic Web Scraping with Selenium and Google Chrome
Posted by Andrew Gould on 15 January 2021
In this video you'll learn how to perform basic web scraping tasks using Selenium Basic and Google Chrome. You'll see how to open Chrome, navigate to a web page and interact with items on the page including typing text into an input box and clicking a button. You'll learn how to check if a web element exists on the page to avoid run time errors and how to set a timeout value. You'll see how to reference a collection of elements and loop over them to identify the ones you're interested in. You'll also learn how to write a table into an Excel worksheet using two different techniques, as well as how to extract hyperlinks from a web table and assign them to cells in an Excel worksheet.
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.