- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (82)
- Microsoft Excel (70)
- Microsoft Office (92)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (35)
- Power Platform (35)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (215)
- Visual C# (14)
- Excel VBA - Basics (24)
- VBA User Forms (22)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (9)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (14)
- VBA - working with files (12)
- VBA - linking applications (12)
- VBA - working with Outlook (14)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (57)
- VBA - scraping websites (25)
- VBA - working with shapes (5)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
VBA - SCRAPING WEBSITES VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 46 - Querying Web Pages with Query Tables
- Excel VBA Part 47.1 - Browsing to Websites and Scraping Web Page
- Excel VBA Part 47.2 - Scraping Website Tables and Clicking Links
- Excel VBA Part 47.3 - Internet Explorer vs XML HTTP Request
- Excel VBA Part 47.4 - Logging in to a Website with Windows Security
- Excel VBA Part 47.5 - Basic HTTP GET and POST Requests
- Excel VBA Part 48 - Scraping Multiple Web Pages
- Excel VBA Part 49 - Downloading Files from Websites
- Excel VBA Part 57.1 - Getting Started with Selenium Basic and Google Chrome
- Excel VBA Part 57.2 - Basic Web Scraping with Selenium and Google Chrome
- Excel VBA Part 57.3 - Using Different Web Browsers in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.4 - Finding Web Elements in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.5 - Implicit and Explicit Waits in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.6 - Working with Multiple Tabs in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.7 - Using Select Drop Down Lists in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.8 - Printing in Google Chrome using Selenium
- How do I open Google Chrome in full screen mode using Selenium in VBA?
- Is it possible to start Google Chrome hidden using Selenium in VBA?
- How do I access elements in the Shadow DOM using Selenium in VBA?
- How do I Refer to a Parent Element in Selenium for VBA?
- How do I hold Shift and click a link in Selenium for VBA?
- How do I scroll down a web page using Selenium in VBA?
- How do I copy CSV data from a website using VBA?
- How do I open Google Chrome with a user profile using VBA?
- How do I use Google Translate with Excel VBA?
VBA - scraping websites videos | Excel VBA Part 57.3 - Using Different Web Browsers in Selenium
Posted by Andrew Gould on 18 January 2021
This video shows you how to install the web drivers for the Microsoft Edge and Opera web browsers for use with Selenium in VBA. You'll learn how to copy the web drivers to your Selenium installation folder and how to switch between Chrome, Edge and Opera in your VBA code. You'll also find out why the Firefox browser is no longer supported.
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.
Is there a Wise Owl tutorial describing how to use Excel VBA and Selenium driver to scrape data from a website that has the 'next' and 'previous' links to go through all results of a search and then add each page to a sheet (Example: https://dcca.secure.force.com/ActiveConsultantContractor)?
Thank you for all your efforts :-)
Hi! We don't have anything specific to that page but at a glance it doesn't appear to complicated - the page is well structured and both the table and the Next button have ID attributes. The Class attribute of the Next button changes when you're on the last page. The basic approach would be:
Go to start page
Get a reference to the table
Write the table to an Excel sheet
Get a reference to the Next button
If the Class of the button indicates that you're on the last page, exit the loop, otherwise Click the button
Repeat the loop
I hope that points you in the right direction!