- Excel VBA - Basics (23)
- VBA User Forms (21)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (8)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (13)
- VBA - working with files (10)
- VBA - linking applications (9)
- VBA - working with Outlook (13)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (38)
- VBA - scraping websites (17)
- VBA - working with shapes (3)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
VBA - SCRAPING WEBSITES VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 46 - Querying Web Pages with Query Tables
- Excel VBA Part 47.1 - Browsing to Websites and Scraping Web Page
- Excel VBA Part 47.2 - Scraping Website Tables and Clicking Links
- Excel VBA Part 47.3 - Internet Explorer vs XML HTTP Request
- Excel VBA Part 47.4 - Logging in to a Website with Windows Security
- Excel VBA Part 47.5 - Basic HTTP GET and POST Requests
- Excel VBA Part 48 - Scraping Multiple Web Pages
- Excel VBA Part 49 - Downloading Files from Websites
- Excel VBA Part 57.1 - Getting Started with Selenium Basic and Google Chrome
- Excel VBA Part 57.2 - Basic Web Scraping with Selenium and Google Chrome
- Excel VBA Part 57.3 - Using Different Web Browsers in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.4 - Finding Web Elements in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.5 - Implicit and Explicit Waits in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.6 - Working with Multiple Tabs in Selenium
- How do I open Google Chrome in full screen mode using Selenium in VBA?
- Is it possible to start Google Chrome hidden using Selenium in VBA?
- How do I access elements in the Shadow DOM using Selenium in VBA?
VBA - scraping websites videos | Excel VBA Part 57.1 - Getting Started with Selenium Basic and Google Chrome
Posted by Andrew Gould on 14 January 2021
This video shows you how to install the Selenium Basic library for VBA so that you can control a variety of web browsers using VBA. You'll learn how to install the Selenium library, how to download drivers for Google Chrome and other browsers, how to reference Selenium in a VBA project and how to write basic code to open Google Chrome and browse to a web page.
There are no files which go with this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.