Power Platform Training Courses
Learn how to create reports in Power BI, create mobile or tablet apps in Power Apps and how to automate your work in Power Automate (all these are members of the Power Platform suite of tools from Microsoft).
Power Platform classroom training
We currently run the following classroom Power BI, Power Apps and Power Automate courses:
Online Power Platform training
You can take the following Power Platform courses online:
Or see how our online courses work (probably better than you think!).
Which is the right Power Platform course for you?
The main Microsoft Power Platform tools are as follows:
|Power BI||Create visual, interactive reports which you can then publish to your organisation's website (or to a public site).|
|Power Apps||Create applications to run on a mobile phone or tablet, with the ability to write back to the underlying data sources.|
|Power Automate||Automate time-consuming manual tasks within Power BI, whether on your desktop (with Power Automate Desktop) or in the cloud (with Power Automate).|
You can see a comparison of Power Automate and Power Automate Desktop in this blog, to help you choose which one you might be interested in.
Our Power Platform Courses
We run the following introductory Power Platform courses:
|Course||What you'll learn|
|Introduction to Power BI||How to create visually interactive reports, including importing data, transforming it using Query Editor, creating visuals such as tables, matrices and charts, filtering data (for example, using slicers) and creating calculated columns and basic maps.|
|Power Apps||How to create applications for mobile phones and tablets.|
|Power Automate Desktop||How to create flows to automate things that you do at your computer.|
|Power Automate||How to create flows to automate things that you do in the cloud, such as linking to SharePoint and Teams.|
In addition, we have the following more advanced courses listed on our site:
|DAX||Learn how to create measures and calculated columns using DAX.|
|Advanced Power BI (Reports)||Learn some more advanced features of creating Power BI reports, including bookmarks, tooltips and dynamic formatting.|
|Advanced Power BI (Data)||Learn more about some of the advanced features for transforming data in Power Query, as well as other advanced topics to do with data modelling in Power BI.|
|Advanced Power Automate||Advanced topics on using Power Automate to automate tasks that yoiu perform in the cloud.|
Finally, for those wanting to accelerate their learning we run the following three-day fast-track courses:
|Fast-track Power BI||Attempting to cover all of the two-day Introduction to Power BI and parts of the two-day Advanced Power BI courses (Reports and Data) in three busy days.|
|Fast-track DAX||In a similar vein, this three-day course aims to combine our two-day Introduction to DAX and two-day Introduction to Power BI courses.|
|Fast-track Power Automate||Learn how to automate what you do on your desktop and what you do in the cloud in 3 intensive days.|
10 things our Power Platform courses include
Each of our scheduled courses (whether classroom or online) includes:
- Small course sizes - we have a maximum of 6 people on each classroom or online course.
- A trainer! And not just anyone - our courses are only ever given by full-time Wise Owls.
- Full colour courseware and exercises of oustanding quality.
- A no cancellation guarantee (once you've booked and confirmed your training course, it will run).
- A one gigabyte USB stick, containing course files, answers to exercises and (by the end of the course) your answers too, together with a nice pen.
- Unofficial help after the course (although we don't have a dedicated post-course support line, in practice trainers will be happy to answer the odd ad hoc question after a course has taken place).
- A certificate sent out digitally or in paper form (your choice) after each course, together with (for tailored courses) the trainer's thoughts on how the course went.
In addition, our classroom courses also include:
- A computer for each delegate (obviously).
- Lunch out each day at a local restaurant (chosen on the day of the course, after discussion!).
- Unlimited refreshments during the day, including Tassimo or Nespresso coffee and a range of biscuits and snacks to keep you going through those dark afternoon hours.
Still not convinced? You can read hundreds of testimonials to the quality of our training (all attributed and added in the last 3 years.
Other Power Platform training resources
There are many ways in which we can help you learn Power Platform, as the list below shows.
Try our Power Platform exercises
Power Platform courseware manuals
You can see some sample Power Platform courseware chapters below.
Blogs on Power Platform
Test your Power Platform skills
Test how well you know Power BI.