VBA - SCRAPING WEBSITES VIDEOS
- Excel VBA Part 47.1 - Browsing to Websites and Scraping Web Page
- Excel VBA Part 47.2 - Scraping Website Tables and Clicking Links
- Excel VBA Part 47.3 - Internet Explorer vs XML HTTP Request
- Excel VBA Part 47.4 - Logging in to a Website with Windows Security
- Excel VBA Part 47.5 - Basic HTTP GET and POST Requests
- Excel VBA Part 48 - Scraping Multiple Web Pages
- Excel VBA Part 49 - Downloading Files from Websites
VBA - scraping websites videos | Excel VBA Part 47.5 - Basic HTTP GET and POST Requests
Posted by Andrew Gould on 05 June 2019
This video explains the basic differences between the GET and POST methods and how you can use each method to send data along with an HTTP request. You'll learn about adding a query string to a URL for GET requests and how to send values in the body of a POST request. You'll also see how to ensure the values you pass to a request are properly encoded using the Excel EncodeURL function. Throughout the video you'll also learn the basics of using the Chrome Developer Tools to work out how requests are sent by the Chrome browser which helps when translating this to VBA code.
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.