VBA - SCRAPING WEBSITES VIDEOS
- Excel VBA Part 47.1 - Browsing to Websites and Scraping Web Page
- Excel VBA Part 47.2 - Scraping Website Tables and Clicking Links
- Excel VBA Part 47.3 - Internet Explorer vs XML HTTP Request
- Excel VBA Part 47.4 - Logging in to a Website with Windows Security
- Excel VBA Part 47.5 - Basic HTTP GET and POST Requests
- Excel VBA Part 48 - Scraping Multiple Web Pages
- Excel VBA Part 49 - Downloading Files from Websites
VBA - scraping websites videos | Excel VBA Part 47.3 - Internet Explorer vs XML HTTP Request
Posted by Andrew Gould on 03 June 2019
This video shows you how to use VBA to scrape websites using Internet Explorer and XML HTTP Requests. You'll learn how to reference the correct object libraries, how to create an XML HTTP Request and capture the response text. You'll compare the performance of the XML HTTP Request with Internet Explorer by scraping a website of gambling odds and parsing an HTML table, writing the results to a new Excel worksheet.
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.