VBA - SCRAPING WEBSITES VIDEOS
- Excel VBA Part 46 - Querying Web Pages with Query Tables
- Excel VBA Part 47.1 - Browsing to Websites and Scraping Web Page
- Excel VBA Part 47.2 - Scraping Website Tables and Clicking Links
- Excel VBA Part 47.3 - Internet Explorer vs XML HTTP Request
- Excel VBA Part 47.4 - Logging in to a Website with Windows Security
- Excel VBA Part 47.5 - Basic HTTP GET and POST Requests
- Excel VBA Part 48 - Scraping Multiple Web Pages
- Excel VBA Part 49 - Downloading Files from Websites
VBA - scraping websites videos | Excel VBA Part 47.4 - Logging in to a Website with Windows Security
Posted by Andrew Gould on 03 June 2019
This video explains how to use VBA to enter Windows Security credentials when you connect to a website. You'll learn how to pass a username and password when you send an XML HTTP request. You'll also learn how to use the Windows Script Host Shell object to access the security dialog box and write a username and password using the SendKeys method.
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.