- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (82)
- Microsoft Excel (70)
- Microsoft Office (92)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (35)
- Power Platform (35)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (215)
- Visual C# (14)
- Excel VBA - Basics (24)
- VBA User Forms (22)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (9)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (14)
- VBA - working with files (12)
- VBA - linking applications (12)
- VBA - working with Outlook (14)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (57)
- VBA - scraping websites (25)
- VBA - working with shapes (5)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
VBA - SCRAPING WEBSITES VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 46 - Querying Web Pages with Query Tables
- Excel VBA Part 47.1 - Browsing to Websites and Scraping Web Page
- Excel VBA Part 47.2 - Scraping Website Tables and Clicking Links
- Excel VBA Part 47.3 - Internet Explorer vs XML HTTP Request
- Excel VBA Part 47.4 - Logging in to a Website with Windows Security
- Excel VBA Part 47.5 - Basic HTTP GET and POST Requests
- Excel VBA Part 48 - Scraping Multiple Web Pages
- Excel VBA Part 49 - Downloading Files from Websites
- Excel VBA Part 57.1 - Getting Started with Selenium Basic and Google Chrome
- Excel VBA Part 57.2 - Basic Web Scraping with Selenium and Google Chrome
- Excel VBA Part 57.3 - Using Different Web Browsers in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.4 - Finding Web Elements in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.5 - Implicit and Explicit Waits in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.6 - Working with Multiple Tabs in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.7 - Using Select Drop Down Lists in Selenium
- Excel VBA Part 57.8 - Printing in Google Chrome using Selenium
- How do I open Google Chrome in full screen mode using Selenium in VBA?
- Is it possible to start Google Chrome hidden using Selenium in VBA?
- How do I access elements in the Shadow DOM using Selenium in VBA?
- How do I Refer to a Parent Element in Selenium for VBA?
- How do I hold Shift and click a link in Selenium for VBA?
- How do I scroll down a web page using Selenium in VBA?
- How do I copy CSV data from a website using VBA?
- How do I open Google Chrome with a user profile using VBA?
- How do I use Google Translate with Excel VBA?
VBA - scraping websites videos | How do I copy CSV data from a website using VBA?
Posted by Andrew Gould on 12 August 2021
This video shows four ways to get CSV data from a web URL using VBA in Excel. You'll learn how to use SendKeys to simulate copying and pasting data, how to write CSV data into a text file using file system objects, how to create a query table linking to the CSV data and how to download the CSV file from the URL using a function declared from a DLL.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Selenium Copy CSV Data from Website.xlsm||Excel workbook with macros||The basic code|
|URLDownloadToFile.bas||VBA or other basic code||The URLDownloadToFile function|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.