VBA - SCRAPING WEBSITES VIDEOS
- Excel VBA Part 46 - Querying Web Pages with Query Tables
- Excel VBA Part 47.1 - Browsing to Websites and Scraping Web Page
- Excel VBA Part 47.2 - Scraping Website Tables and Clicking Links
- Excel VBA Part 47.3 - Internet Explorer vs XML HTTP Request
- Excel VBA Part 47.4 - Logging in to a Website with Windows Security
- Excel VBA Part 47.5 - Basic HTTP GET and POST Requests
- Excel VBA Part 48 - Scraping Multiple Web Pages
- Excel VBA Part 49 - Downloading Files from Websites
VBA - scraping websites videos | Excel VBA Part 47.2 - Scraping Website Tables and Clicking Links
Posted by Andrew Gould on 07 May 2019
In this video you'll learn how to write VBA code to click links on a webpage to view different tables and then scrape the contents of those tables into new Excel worksheets.
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.
Thank you to share your knowledge
I try to text the code of video webscrapin nº 47.2 with the method of request get insted of Aplication Internet explorer and it dosent work at all (only capture the value of the tables section head and foot but the body dosent capture any value)
Do you know why is it?
The most likely reason for this is that the website has removed the information for that particular tournament - this is one of the main problems with making examples for current events: it's inevitably out-of-date very quickly!
You can find lots of other examples of the same type of page on the same website such as this one https://www.oddschecker.com/golf/open-championship/2019-open-championship/winner which I've just tested and works in the same way as the example shown in the video.
I hope that helps!