- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (82)
- Microsoft Excel (70)
- Microsoft Office (92)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (35)
- Power Platform (35)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (215)
- Visual C# (14)
- Excel VBA - Basics (24)
- VBA User Forms (22)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (9)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (14)
- VBA - working with files (12)
- VBA - linking applications (12)
- VBA - working with Outlook (14)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (57)
- VBA - scraping websites (25)
- VBA - working with shapes (5)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
VBA USER FORMS VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 1 - Drawing Forms
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 2 - Running and Navigating Forms
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 3 - Adding Code to Forms
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 4 - Validating Controls
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 5 - Validating Forms
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 6 - ComboBox Controls
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 7 - ListBox Controls
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 8 - Option Buttons
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 9 - Spin Buttons
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 10 - Scroll Bar Controls
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 11 - Check Boxes
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 12 - Toggle Buttons
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 13 - Image Controls
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 14 - Multi Page Controls
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 15 - Tab Strip Controls
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 16 - Playing YouTube Videos
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 17 - Editing Data
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 18 - Installing the Date Time Picker and Month View Controls
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 19 - The RefEdit Control
- Excel VBA Forms Pt 20 - Progress Bars
- How do I control different cells with one spin button in Excel?
- How do I add a Select All option to a VBA List Box?
VBA User Forms videos | Excel VBA Forms Pt 16 - Playing YouTube Videos
Posted by Andrew Gould on 04 April 2016
Playing videos in a VBA user form is perhaps a little frivolous but it makes for a fun video! You'll learn how to add extra controls to the toolbox, how to use the Shockwave Flash Object and a little about how to use VBA's string functions to manipulate YouTube's video URLs.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Profitable Films - Pt16 Playing YouTube Videos.xlsm||Excel workbook with macros|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.
First of all I just want to say:
Thank you so much for the informative videos on your website. I have learned so much about VBA coding although there is still a lot to learn. It comes with time.
I'm currently working on your User Forms and Video 16 - Playing YouTube Videos.
Unfortunately, Adobe discounted their Flash Player and I quote:
"Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page
Since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.
HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!
Is there any other FlashPlayer I can use to make my video trailers work?
Shockwave Flash Player control is no longer supported.Can you show another method so that we can play youtube videos in our excel vba userform??
Thank you Andrew for your answer to my Flash Player question.
I'm going to give it a try. Just hope I get it right.
Hi there. I don't know of a direct replacement for this to stream a video directly from YouTube.
You can use the Media Player form control to play local video files https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/wmp/windows-media-player-sdk
You could also use the Web Browser control to navigate to the video player control on YouTube.
Neither are really good solutions but they're the only ones I know of!
I really want to say that your videos are really good...i have downloaded all your videos and i have learnt many things from your videos...You are one of my best teacher....??
Thank you! I'm happy to hear that you've found the videos useful.
It seems that the video " Playing Youtube Videos " is not complete. There is not the multipage.
Also when I try to add the ShockWave Flash Object it appeared an error " Access Denied" .
It seems that you're correct. I'm not entirely certain of the cause although I suspect it's due to some older controls related to the Shockwave Flash Player becoming obsolete. You can download a file with the multipage control from the previous video although I don't think that it will help with the Flash Player unfortunately!