POWER BI CATEGORIES
POWER BI VIDEOS
- Power BI Part 1.1 - Installing Power BI Desktop
- Power BI Part 1.2 - Creating and Publishing Your First Report
- Power BI Part 2.1 - Install and Configure Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.2 - Report Builder for Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.3 - Connect Power BI Reports to Shared Datasets
- Power BI Part 3.1 - Getting Data from Excel
- Power BI Part 3.2 - Import Multiple Text or Excel Files
- Power BI Part 3.3 - Import and Transform Data from PDF Files
- Power BI Part 3.4 - Get Data from Websites
Power BI videos | Power BI Part 3.1 - Getting Data from Excel
Posted by Andrew Gould on 17 June 2019
This video shows you how to import data from Excel into a Power BI report. You'll learn about the importance of Excel tables and range names and how to select the appropriate range to import. You'll see how to import multiple tables and create one-to-many relationships between them. You'll also learn about using the Power Query Editor to clean up untidy data by deleting rows, promoting headers and altering data types. The final part of the video explains a couple of techniques for appending multiple tables into a single list, and how to merge multiple queries into a single table to make it easier to create reports.
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.