POWER BI CATEGORIES
POWER BI VIDEOS
- Power BI Part 1.1 - Installing Power BI Desktop
- Power BI Part 1.2 - Creating and Publishing Your First Report
- Power BI Part 2.1 - Install and Configure Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.2 - Report Builder for Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.3 - Connect Power BI Reports to Shared Datasets
- Power BI Part 3.1 - Getting Data from Excel
- Power BI Part 3.2 - Import Multiple Text or Excel Files
- Power BI Part 3.3 - Import and Transform Data from PDF Files
- Power BI Part 3.4 - Get Data from Websites
Power BI videos | Power BI Part 1.2 - Creating and Publishing Your First Report
Posted by Andrew Gould on 03 June 2019
This video gives you an overview of building a Power BI report from scratch, through to publishing it to the Power BI service. You'll learn the basics of getting data from Excel workbooks and text files and how to use the Power Query Editor to transform the data before it's loaded into your data model. You'll also see how to create relationships between tables along with some other simple data modelling tasks. You'll learn how to create visualisations in a report such as tables, charts, gauges and maps as well as how to control the interactions between those visuals. You'll discover how to use slicers to allow users to filter data in the report and how to make those slicers easy to use on different devices. You'll see several formatting features including conditional formatting in charts, tables and maps. Finally, you'll learn how to upload a report to the Power BI service and then publish it so that the whole world can see it!
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.