- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (82)
- Microsoft Excel (70)
- Microsoft Office (92)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (35)
- Power Platform (35)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (215)
- Visual C# (14)
POWER BI CATEGORIES▼
POWER BI VIDEOS▼
- Power BI Part 1.1 - Installing Power BI Desktop
- Power BI Part 1.2 - Creating and Publishing Your First Report
- Power BI Part 2.1 - Install and Configure Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.2 - Report Builder for Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.3 - Connect Power BI Reports to Shared Datasets
- Power BI Part 3.1 - Getting Data from Excel
- Power BI Part 3.2 - Import Multiple Text or Excel Files
- Power BI Part 3.3 - Import and Transform Data from PDF Files
- Power BI Part 3.4 - Get Data from Websites
Power BI videos | Power BI Part 1.1 - Installing Power BI Desktop
Posted by Andrew Gould on 03 June 2019
This first video in the Power BI tutorial explains how to install the Power BI Desktop application both from a standalone installer and from the Microsoft Store. You'll see how to run the software for the first time and how to sign in to a Power BI account.
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.