POWER BI CATEGORIES▼
POWER BI VIDEOS▼
- Power BI Part 1.1 - Installing Power BI Desktop
- Power BI Part 1.2 - Creating and Publishing Your First Report
- Power BI Part 2.1 - Install and Configure Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.2 - Report Builder for Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.3 - Connect Power BI Reports to Shared Datasets
- Power BI Part 3.1 - Getting Data from Excel
- Power BI Part 3.2 - Import Multiple Text or Excel Files
- Power BI Part 3.3 - Import and Transform Data from PDF Files
- Power BI Part 3.4 - Get Data from Websites
Power BI videos | Power BI Part 3.2 - Import Multiple Text or Excel Files
Posted by Andrew Gould on 17 June 2019
This video explains how to import multiple text files or Excel files from a folder into a single table in Power BI. You'll learn how to use the Query Editor to append multiple separate queries. You'll see how to use the Get Data tool to import all the files in a folder in a single query. You'll also see how to filter a list of mixed files to import only those that you need for your report and then use the Query Editor to combine them.
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.