POWER BI CATEGORIES▼
POWER BI VIDEOS▼
- Power BI Part 1.1 - Installing Power BI Desktop
- Power BI Part 1.2 - Creating and Publishing Your First Report
- Power BI Part 2.1 - Install and Configure Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.2 - Report Builder for Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.3 - Connect Power BI Reports to Shared Datasets
- Power BI Part 3.1 - Getting Data from Excel
- Power BI Part 3.2 - Import Multiple Text or Excel Files
- Power BI Part 3.3 - Import and Transform Data from PDF Files
- Power BI Part 3.4 - Get Data from Websites
Power BI videos | Power BI Part 2.1 - Install and Configure Power BI Report Server
Posted by Andrew Gould on 17 June 2019
This video explains how to install and configure a Power BI Report Server so that you can deploy reports to an on-premises server rather than publish them to the Power BI service in the cloud. You'll also learn how to install the special version of Power BI Desktop needed for Power BI Report Server and how to use this application to deploy your reports. The video also shows you how to access your deployed reports via the Power BI Report Server Web Portal.
There are no files which go with this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.