POWER BI CATEGORIES
POWER BI VIDEOS
- Power BI Part 1.1 - Installing Power BI Desktop
- Power BI Part 1.2 - Creating and Publishing Your First Report
- Power BI Part 2.1 - Install and Configure Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.2 - Report Builder for Power BI Report Server
- Power BI Part 2.3 - Connect Power BI Reports to Shared Datasets
- Power BI Part 3.1 - Getting Data from Excel
- Power BI Part 3.2 - Import Multiple Text or Excel Files
- Power BI Part 3.3 - Import and Transform Data from PDF Files
- Power BI Part 3.4 - Get Data from Websites
Power BI videos | Power BI Part 3.4 - Get Data from Websites
Posted by Andrew Gould on 01 July 2019
In this video you'll learn how to import data from websites into a Power BI report. You'll use the basic web import tool to get data from simple HTML tables and use the Power Query Editor to clean up the data before using it in the report. You'll also learn how to use the web table inference feature to import data from structures that aren't recognised as HTML tables. Along the way you'll learn a little about using the drilldown feature in visualisations and how to add calculated values to a table using Quick Measures. The final part of the video shows you how to use parameters to get data from a website in a dynamic way.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.