- Excel VBA - Basics (23)
- VBA User Forms (21)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (8)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (13)
- VBA - working with files (10)
- VBA - linking applications (9)
- VBA - working with Outlook (13)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (54)
- VBA - scraping websites (17)
- VBA - working with shapes (3)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
EXCEL VBA - PIVOT TABLES VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 51.1 - Introduction to Pivot Tables in VBA
- Excel VBA Part 51.2 - Pivot Tables using an Access Database
- Excel VBA Part 51.3 - Pivot Tables using a SQL Server Database
- Excel VBA Part 51.4 - Pivot Tables and Consolidation Ranges
- Excel VBA Part 51.5 - PowerPivot Data Models
- Excel VBA Part 51.6 - Pivot Charts
- Excel VBA Part 51.7 - Pivot Table Slicers
- Excel VBA Part 51.8 - Pivot Table Date Fields and Timelines
Excel VBA - pivot tables videos | Excel VBA Part 51.1 - Introduction to Pivot Tables in VBA
Posted by Andrew Gould on 22 November 2016
A pivot table is a fantastic tool for summarising a large quantity of data. This video shows you the basics of creating pivot tables using VBA, starting with the creation of a pivot cache. You'll also see how to create new pivot tables, how to manipulate pivot fields and pivot items and how to apply filters to the pivot table.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Movies.xlsm||Excel workbook with macros|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.