- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (81)
- Microsoft Excel (63)
- Microsoft Office (85)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (32)
- Python (30)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (212)
- Visual C# (14)
- Excel VBA - Basics (24)
- VBA User Forms (22)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (9)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (13)
- VBA - working with files (12)
- VBA - linking applications (11)
- VBA - working with Outlook (14)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (57)
- VBA - scraping websites (25)
- VBA - working with shapes (4)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
EXCEL VBA - PIVOT TABLES VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 51.1 - Introduction to Pivot Tables in VBA
- Excel VBA Part 51.2 - Pivot Tables using an Access Database
- Excel VBA Part 51.3 - Pivot Tables using a SQL Server Database
- Excel VBA Part 51.4 - Pivot Tables and Consolidation Ranges
- Excel VBA Part 51.5 - PowerPivot Data Models
- Excel VBA Part 51.6 - Pivot Charts
- Excel VBA Part 51.7 - Pivot Table Slicers
- Excel VBA Part 51.8 - Pivot Table Date Fields and Timelines
- How do I group a pivot table by a numeric field using VBA?
Excel VBA - pivot tables videos | How do I group a pivot table by a numeric field using VBA?
Posted by Andrew Gould on 16 August 2021
This video shows you how to apply grouping to a numeric row field in an Excel pivot table. You'll learn how to use the Group method, how to control the size of the buckets or bins and how to set the starting point of the groups. You'll also see several ways to refer to the range you need to apply the grouping to.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Pivot Table Group Numeric.xlsm||Excel workbook with macros||The source data and basic code|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.