BUILT-IN VBA FUNCTIONS VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 53.1 - Working with Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.2 - Splitting Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.3 - The Join Function and Concatenating Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.4 - Replacing Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.5 - Converting the Case of Text
- Excel VBA Part 53.6 - The Asc and Chr Functions
- Excel VBA Part 54.1 - The Iif Function
- Excel VBA Part 54.2 - The Switch Function
- Excel VBA Part 55.1 - Working with Dates
Built-in VBA functions videos | Excel VBA Part 53.1 - Working with Strings
Posted by Andrew Gould on 20 February 2017
This video explains the basics on working with text, or strings, in VBA. You'll learn about the String data type, how to use the $ type-declaration character and how to create variable and fixed-length strings. You'll see how to concatenate multiple values into a single string, including some string constants for special characters such as tab spaces and new lines - ever wondered why there are so many ways to create a new line in VBA? This video explains why! The final part of the video talks about comparing strings, including how to deal with case-sensitive comparisons and how to use wildcard characters to match paterns of text.
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.