- Excel VBA - Basics (23)
- VBA User Forms (21)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (8)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (13)
- VBA - working with files (10)
- VBA - linking applications (9)
- VBA - working with Outlook (13)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (54)
- VBA - scraping websites (17)
- VBA - working with shapes (3)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
BUILT-IN VBA FUNCTIONS VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 53.1 - Working with Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.2 - Splitting Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.3 - The Join Function and Concatenating Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.4 - Replacing Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.5 - Converting the Case of Text
- Excel VBA Part 53.6 - The Asc and Chr Functions
- Excel VBA Part 54.1 - The Iif Function
- Excel VBA Part 54.2 - The Switch Function
- Excel VBA Part 55.1 - Working with Dates
Built-in VBA functions videos | Excel VBA Part 53.4 - Replacing Strings
Posted by Andrew Gould on 27 February 2017
In this video you'll learn how to use the Replace function to substitute characters within a string. As a practical example, we'll look at how to generate file names from cell contents and replace the illegal characters.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Movies2016.xlsm||Excel workbook with macros|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.