BUILT-IN VBA FUNCTIONS VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 53.1 - Working with Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.2 - Splitting Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.3 - The Join Function and Concatenating Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.4 - Replacing Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.5 - Converting the Case of Text
- Excel VBA Part 53.6 - The Asc and Chr Functions
- Excel VBA Part 54.1 - The Iif Function
- Excel VBA Part 54.2 - The Switch Function
- Excel VBA Part 55.1 - Working with Dates
Built-in VBA functions videos | Excel VBA Part 53.4 - Replacing Strings
Posted by Andrew Gould on 27 February 2017
In this video you'll learn how to use the Replace function to substitute characters within a string. As a practical example, we'll look at how to generate file names from cell contents and replace the illegal characters.
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.