- Excel VBA - Basics (23)
- VBA User Forms (21)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (8)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (13)
- VBA - working with files (10)
- VBA - linking applications (9)
- VBA - working with Outlook (13)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (37)
- VBA - scraping websites (17)
- VBA - working with shapes (3)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
BUILT-IN VBA FUNCTIONS VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 53.1 - Working with Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.2 - Splitting Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.3 - The Join Function and Concatenating Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.4 - Replacing Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.5 - Converting the Case of Text
- Excel VBA Part 53.6 - The Asc and Chr Functions
- Excel VBA Part 54.1 - The Iif Function
- Excel VBA Part 54.2 - The Switch Function
- Excel VBA Part 55.1 - Working with Dates
Built-in VBA functions videos | Excel VBA Part 53.2 - Splitting Strings
Posted by Andrew Gould on 21 February 2017
This video explains how to use VBA functions to split strings into their constituent parts. You'll learn about the Left, Right and Mid functions for extracting parts of a string, how to identify the position of one string within another using the InStr and InstrRev functions and how to use the Split function to break a single string into multiple parts and store them in an array.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Movies2016.xlsm||Excel workbook with macros|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.