BUILT-IN VBA FUNCTIONS VIDEOS
- Excel VBA Part 53.1 - Working with Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.2 - Splitting Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.3 - The Join Function and Concatenating Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.4 - Replacing Strings
- Excel VBA Part 53.5 - Converting the Case of Text
- Excel VBA Part 53.6 - The Asc and Chr Functions
- Excel VBA Part 54.1 - The Iif Function
- Excel VBA Part 54.2 - The Switch Function
- Excel VBA Part 55.1 - Working with Dates
Built-in VBA functions videos | Excel VBA Part 55.1 - Working with Dates
Posted by Andrew Gould on 03 May 2017
This video explains the basics of working with dates in VBA. You'll learn about the Date data type and how to write unambiguous dates in your VBA code. You'll also learn about Excel's leap year bug and why some VBA dates don't match those in Excel. You'll see how to return the current date and time, as well as various techniques to format dates. The final part of the video describes a variety of date calculations and functions including the difference between DateDiff and DateDif, calculating working days using NetWorkDays and how to calculate age in years accurately.
You can download any files that you need to follow the video here.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.