- Excel VBA - Basics (23)
- VBA User Forms (21)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (8)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (13)
- VBA - working with files (10)
- VBA - linking applications (9)
- VBA - working with Outlook (13)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (37)
- VBA - scraping websites (17)
- VBA - working with shapes (3)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
VBA - WORKING WITH FILES VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 22 - Files and Folders
- Excel VBA Part 23 - Text Files
- Excel VBA Part 24 - File Dialogs
- Excel VBA - Save as PDF
- How do I copy sheets from multiple Excel files into one workbook in VBA?
- How do I export multiple PDF files from Excel when looping over cells?
- How do I copy sheets from multiple Excel files into one worksheet?
- How do I find a folder with a partial name in VBA?
- How do I loop through folders and subfolders in Excel VBA?
- How do I copy data from multiple worksheets in other workbooks?
VBA - working with files videos | Excel VBA Part 23 - Text Files
Posted by Andrew Gould on 10 March 2014
The Scripting Runtime Object Library allows you to write VBA code to create, open, read from and write to text files using very simple methods. This video teaches you how to work with tab-delimited and comma-separated value files including how to create them, append data to them and how to read from them. The video also includes a section on using text functions for parsing the contents of a text file and the final section talks about combining these techniques with workbook events to create a simple change log.
There are no files which go with this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.