- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (81)
- Microsoft Excel (63)
- Microsoft Office (85)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (19)
- Python (14)
- Report Builder (102)
- Reporting Services (108)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (207)
- Visual C# (14)
- Excel VBA - Basics (24)
- VBA User Forms (22)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (9)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (13)
- VBA - working with files (12)
- VBA - linking applications (10)
- VBA - working with Outlook (14)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (55)
- VBA - scraping websites (24)
- VBA - working with shapes (3)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
VBA - WORKING WITH FILES VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 22 - Files and Folders
- Excel VBA Part 23 - Text Files
- Excel VBA Part 24 - File Dialogs
- Excel VBA - Save as PDF
- How do I copy sheets from multiple Excel files into one workbook in VBA?
- How do I export multiple PDF files from Excel when looping over cells?
- How do I copy sheets from multiple Excel files into one worksheet?
- How do I find a folder with a partial name in VBA?
- How do I loop through folders and subfolders in Excel VBA?
- How do I copy data from multiple worksheets in other workbooks?
- How do I unzip files using VBA?
- How do I list all properties of a file using VBA?
VBA - working with files videos | How do I list all properties of a file using VBA?
Posted by Andrew Gould on 03 October 2021
This video shows you how to use a Shell object in VBA to loop through the files in a folder and write all the file properrties to a worksheet using the GetDetailsOf method.
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.