- Excel VBA - Basics (24)
- VBA User Forms (21)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (9)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (13)
- VBA - working with files (11)
- VBA - linking applications (10)
- VBA - working with Outlook (14)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (55)
- VBA - scraping websites (24)
- VBA - working with shapes (3)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
VBA - WORKING WITH FILES VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 22 - Files and Folders
- Excel VBA Part 23 - Text Files
- Excel VBA Part 24 - File Dialogs
- Excel VBA - Save as PDF
- How do I copy sheets from multiple Excel files into one workbook in VBA?
- How do I export multiple PDF files from Excel when looping over cells?
- How do I copy sheets from multiple Excel files into one worksheet?
- How do I find a folder with a partial name in VBA?
- How do I loop through folders and subfolders in Excel VBA?
- How do I copy data from multiple worksheets in other workbooks?
- How do I unzip files using VBA?
VBA - working with files videos | How do I copy sheets from multiple Excel files into one worksheet?
Posted by Andrew Gould on 03 April 2021
Learn how to import multiple Excel files into a single worksheet using VBA. You'll learn how to use the Dir function to loop through the files in a folder, open the files as Excel workbooks, copy the data from a worksheet and paste it to the bottom of a list.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Copy Sheets from Multiple Workbooks into One Worksheet.xlsm||Excel workbook with macros|
|Movies 2000.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2001.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2002.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2003.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2004.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2005.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2006.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2007.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2008.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2009.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2010.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2011.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2012.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2013.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2014.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2015.xlsx||Excel workbook|
|Movies 2016.xlsx||Excel workbook|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.