VBA - ADVANCED VIDEOS
- Flappy Owl in Excel VBA
- Excel VBA Part 15.2 - Find and FindNext
- Excel VBA Part 20a - Application Events
- Excel VBA Part 25 - Arrays
- Excel VBA Part 26 - Constants and Enumerations
- Excel VBA Part 33 - Creating Add Ins
- Excel VBA - Disable Screen Updates
- Excel VBA Part 43.1 - ByRef and ByVal
- Excel VBA Part 43.2 - ByRef and ByVal (When to use Parentheses)
- Excel VBA Part 44 - Making Excel Talk
- Excel VBA Part 45 - Finding the Last Used Row, Column and Cell
VBA - advanced videos | Excel VBA Part 43.1 - ByRef and ByVal
Posted by Andrew Gould on 17 October 2016
Passing values to other procedures is something you'll do commonly in VBA and the ByRef and ByVal keywords control exactly what happens to those values. This video explains the theory of passing information by reference and by value, as well as covering a couple of practical examples to demonstrate how to use the ByRef and ByVal keywords effectively.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.