POWER BI CATEGORIES▼
DAX FOR POWER BI VIDEOS▼
- DAX for Power BI Part 1 - Getting Started with DAX for Power BI
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.1 - Basic Calculated Columns in DAX
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.2 - The If Function
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.3 - The Switch Function
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.4 - Working with Blanks
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.5 - Working with Text in Calculated Columns
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.6 - Working with Dates in Calculated Columns
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.7 - Error Functions in Calculated Columns
- DAX for Power BI Part 3.1 - Relationships and the Related Function
DAX for Power BI videos | DAX for Power BI Part 1 - Getting Started with DAX for Power BI
Posted by Andrew Gould on 14 August 2021
This first video in our DAX for Power BI series is designed to get you set up and ready to follow along with the rest of the series, and to give you an idea of what you can do with DAX. You'll see quick examples of DAX calculated columns, DAX measures, DAX table expressions and using variables in DAX expressions.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Movies.xlsx||Excel workbook||The source data|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.