- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (81)
- Microsoft Excel (63)
- Microsoft Office (85)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (30)
- Python (29)
- Report Builder (106)
- Reporting Services (112)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (212)
- Visual C# (14)
POWER BI CATEGORIES▼
DAX FOR POWER BI VIDEOS▼
- DAX for Power BI Part 1 - Getting Started with DAX for Power BI
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.1 - Basic Calculated Columns in DAX
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.2 - The If Function
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.3 - The Switch Function
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.4 - Working with Blanks
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.5 - Working with Text in Calculated Columns
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.6 - Working with Dates in Calculated Columns
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.7 - Error Functions in Calculated Columns
- DAX for Power BI Part 3.1 - Relationships and the Related Function
- DAX for Power BI Part 3.2 - The LookupValue Function
- DAX for Power BI Part 4.1 - Getting Started with Measures
- DAX for Power BI Part 4.2 - Sum, SumX and Other Aggregate Functions
- DAX for Power BI Part 4.3 - Counting Values and Rows
- DAX for Power BI Part 4.4 - Using Variables
- DAX for Power BI Part 4.5 - Quick Measures
- DAX for Power BI Part 5.1 - The Calculate, Filter and CalculateTable Functions
- DAX for Power BI Part 5.2 - Removing Filters in Measures
- DAX for Power BI Part 5.3 - Replacing and Keeping Filters in Measures
- DAX for Power BI Part 5.4 - Removing Filters with AllSelected and AllExcept
- DAX for Power BI Part 6.1 - Introduction to Time Intelligence Functions
- DAX for Power BI Part 6.2 - Comparing Date Ranges
DAX for Power BI videos | DAX for Power BI Part 4.5 - Quick Measures
Posted by Andrew Gould on 04 December 2021
This video shows you how to create and edit Quick Measures in Power BI Desktop to save time writing DAX code. You'll learn how to add quick measures, how to edit the code afterwards and how to create a range of examples.
If you're not a channel member, don't worry - the video will be released publicly after a short period of member exclusivity.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Movies.xlsx||Excel workbook||Source data|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.