- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (81)
- Microsoft Excel (63)
- Microsoft Office (85)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (23)
- Python (29)
- Report Builder (102)
- Reporting Services (108)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (207)
- Visual C# (14)
POWER BI CATEGORIES▼
DAX FOR POWER BI VIDEOS▼
- DAX for Power BI Part 1 - Getting Started with DAX for Power BI
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.1 - Basic Calculated Columns in DAX
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.2 - The If Function
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.3 - The Switch Function
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.4 - Working with Blanks
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.5 - Working with Text in Calculated Columns
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.6 - Working with Dates in Calculated Columns
- DAX for Power BI Part 2.7 - Error Functions in Calculated Columns
- DAX for Power BI Part 3.1 - Relationships and the Related Function
- DAX for Power BI Part 3.2 - The LookupValue Function
- DAX for Power BI Part 4.1 - Getting Started with Measures
- DAX for Power BI Part 4.2 - Sum, SumX and Other Aggregate Functions
- DAX for Power BI Part 4.3 - Counting Values and Rows
- DAX for Power BI Part 4.4 - Using Variables
DAX for Power BI videos | DAX for Power BI Part 3.2 - The LookupValue Function
Posted by Andrew Gould on 23 October 2021
This video explains how to use the LookupValue function in DAX. You'll learn how to lookup values between tables which don't have relationships and how to deal with items which return no matching value. You'll see how to nest LookupValue functions to search for values in a chain of tables. You'll also learn how to find values by matching on multiple columns and how to lookup values in the same table in a different column.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Movies.xlsx||Excel workbook||The source data|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.