- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (81)
- Microsoft Excel (63)
- Microsoft Office (85)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (32)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (212)
- Visual C# (14)
- Excel VBA - Basics (24)
- VBA User Forms (22)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (9)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (13)
- VBA - working with files (12)
- VBA - linking applications (11)
- VBA - working with Outlook (14)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (57)
- VBA - scraping websites (25)
- VBA - working with shapes (4)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
VBA - LINKING APPLICATIONS VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 27.1 - Creating Word Documents
- Excel VBA Part 27.2 - Creating and Updating Linked Word Tables
- Excel VBA Part 28 - Creating PowerPoint Presentations
- How do I copy Excel data into PowerPoint using VBA?
- How do I paste Excel data into an existing text box in PowerPoint?
- How do I paste and resize a picture in Word from Excel VBA?
- What's the difference between early binding and late binding in VBA?
- How do I resize a Word table after copying from Excel?
- How do I copy Word tables into Excel using VBA?
- Excel VBA - How do I create a header with a logo in Word using VBA?
- How do I refer to an open Word document in Excel VBA?
VBA - linking applications videos | How do I refer to an open Word document in Excel VBA?
Posted by Andrew Gould on 22 December 2021
This video explains how to get a reference to an open Word document using Excel VBA. You'll learn how to use the GetObject function to reference a running instance of Word and how to add error handling code to deal with occasions when Word isn't running. You'll also see how to quit the application, close all documents leaving the application open, close a single document and how to loop through the documents collection.
If you're not a channel member, don't worry - the video will be released publicly after a short period of member exclusivity.
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.