- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (82)
- Microsoft Excel (70)
- Microsoft Office (92)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (35)
- Power Platform (35)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (215)
- Visual C# (14)
- Excel VBA - Basics (24)
- VBA User Forms (22)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (9)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (14)
- VBA - working with files (12)
- VBA - linking applications (12)
- VBA - working with Outlook (14)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (57)
- VBA - scraping websites (25)
- VBA - working with shapes (5)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
VBA - LINKING APPLICATIONS VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 27.1 - Creating Word Documents
- Excel VBA Part 27.2 - Creating and Updating Linked Word Tables
- Excel VBA Part 28 - Creating PowerPoint Presentations
- How do I copy Excel data into PowerPoint using VBA?
- How do I paste Excel data into an existing text box in PowerPoint?
- How do I paste and resize a picture in Word from Excel VBA?
- What's the difference between early binding and late binding in VBA?
- How do I resize a Word table after copying from Excel?
- How do I copy Word tables into Excel using VBA?
- Excel VBA - How do I create a header with a logo in Word using VBA?
- How do I refer to an open Word document in Excel VBA?
- How do I copy slides from multiple PowerPoint files into one presentation in VBA?
VBA - linking applications videos | What's the difference between early binding and late binding in VBA?
Posted by Andrew Gould on 15 April 2021
You may have written VBA code in Excel to reference another application by setting a reference to the application's object library. Did you know that you don't need to reference an application's object library to write code to control it? This video explains how to do this by switching from early binding to late binding in order to create a new Word document from Excel. You'll learn what changes you need to make to your code to allow this, how to use the CreateObject function and why late binding is so useful if you're sharing code with other people who may not be running the same version of an application as you.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Early Binding vs Late Binding.xlsm||Excel workbook with macros|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.