- Excel VBA - Basics (24)
- VBA User Forms (21)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (9)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (13)
- VBA - working with files (11)
- VBA - linking applications (10)
- VBA - working with Outlook (14)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (55)
- VBA - scraping websites (24)
- VBA - working with shapes (3)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
EXCEL VBA - CHARTS VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 50.1 - Introduction to Charts in VBA
- Excel VBA Part 50.2 - Embedding Charts in Worksheets
- Excel VBA Part 50.3 - Conditional Formatting by Value in Charts
- Excel VBA Part 50.4 - Highlighting Min and Max Values in a Chart
- Excel VBA Part 50.5 - Formatting Bubble Charts by Bubble Size
- Excel VBA - Data Labels in Scatter Charts
Excel VBA - charts videos | Excel VBA Part 50.3 - Conditional Formatting by Value in Charts
Posted by Andrew Gould on 29 April 2019
Looping over the points of a chart and testing the value of each should be a simple task in Excel VBA but it's slightly trickier than you might expect! This video explains how to access the values array of a series, how to loop through it and use the values to apply a format to each point. As an added bonus, you'll learn how to loop through the collection of series so that you can test every single point in a chart.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Conditional Formatting by Value in Charts.xlsm||Excel workbook with macros|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.