- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (81)
- Microsoft Excel (63)
- Microsoft Office (85)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (32)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (212)
- Visual C# (14)
REPORTING SERVICES - INTRODUCTION VIDEOS▼
- SSRS Part 1 - Getting started with a new report project
- SSRS Part 2 - Data Sources and Datasets
- SSRS Part 3 - Working with tables
- SSRS Part 4 - Keeping column headings visible on each page
- SSRS Part 5 - Controlling the number of rows on a page
- SSRS Part 6 - Grouping in tables
- SSRS Part 7 - Creating calculated fields
- SSRS Part 8 - Conditional formatting
- SSRS Part 9 - Indicators
- SSRS Part 10 - Gauges
- SSRS Part 11 - Basic parameters
- SSRS Part 12 - Drop down list parameters
- SSRS Part 13 - Null values in parameters
- SSRS Part 14 - Cascading parameters
- SSRS Part 15 - Matrices
- SSRS Part 16 - Lists
- SSRS Part 17 - Linked reports
- SSRS Part 18 - Charts
- SSRS Part 19 - Subreports
- SSRS Part 20 - Basic Maps
Reporting Services - Introduction videos | SSRS Part 3 - Working with tables
Posted by Andrew Gould on 24 July 2012
You won't get far in Reporting Services without learn how to use tables properly - this video teaches you how to create tables and link them to a dataset. You'll see how to insert tables into a report and how to manipulate and format the table. After the basics we'll show you some of the more advanced features of tables such as filtering and interactive sorting. We'll even show you how to solve one of the most annoying features of tables: making sure the column headers appear on each page of your report!
See our full range of SSRS training resources.
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.