REPORTING SERVICES - INTRODUCTION VIDEOS
- SSRS Part 1 - Getting started with a new report project
- SSRS Part 2 - Data Sources and Datasets
- SSRS Part 3 - Working with tables
- SSRS Part 4 - Keeping column headings visible on each page
- SSRS Part 5 - Controlling the number of rows on a page
- SSRS Part 6 - Grouping in tables
- SSRS Part 7 - Creating calculated fields
- SSRS Part 8 - Conditional formatting
- SSRS Part 9 - Indicators
- SSRS Part 10 - Gauges
- SSRS Part 11 - Basic parameters
- SSRS Part 12 - Drop down list parameters
- SSRS Part 13 - Null values in parameters
- SSRS Part 14 - Cascading parameters
- SSRS Part 15 - Matrices
- SSRS Part 16 - Lists
- SSRS Part 17 - Linked reports
- SSRS Part 18 - Charts
- SSRS Part 19 - Subreports
- SSRS Part 20 - Basic Maps
Reporting Services - Introduction videos | SSRS Part 3 - Working with tables
Posted by Andrew Gould on 24 July 2012
You won't get far in Reporting Services without learn how to use tables properly - this video teaches you how to create tables and link them to a dataset. You'll see how to insert tables into a report and how to manipulate and format the table. After the basics we'll show you some of the more advanced features of tables such as filtering and interactive sorting. We'll even show you how to solve one of the most annoying features of tables: making sure the column headers appear on each page of your report!
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.