C# PROGRAMMING VIDEOS▼
- C# Part 1 - Installing and Configuring Visual Studio
- C# Part 2 - Working with Projects and Solutions
- C# Part 3 - Drawing Windows Forms
- C# Part 4 - Writing Basic C# Code
- C# Part 5 - Variables and Data Types
- C# Part 6 - If Statements and Conditional Operators
- C# Part 7 - Writing Methods
- C# Part 8 - Switch Statements
- C# Part 9 - While Loops and Do Loops
- C# Part 10 - For Loops
- C# Part 11 - Foreach Loops
- C# Part 12 - Arrays
- C# Part 13 - Lists
- C# Part 14 - Exceptions and Error Handling
C# Programming videos | C# Part 7 - Writing Methods
Posted by Andrew Gould on 03 November 2014
Methods are a fundamental building block of C# programming. This video teaches you how to create your own methods, including how to specify what the method will return, how to define mandatory and optional parameters and how to create overloaded methods. You'll learn how to call methods from other procedures and how to pass arguments to the parameters of a method.
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.