- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (81)
- Microsoft Excel (63)
- Microsoft Office (85)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (32)
- Python (29)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (212)
- Visual C# (14)
C# PROGRAMMING VIDEOS▼
- C# Part 1 - Installing and Configuring Visual Studio
- C# Part 2 - Working with Projects and Solutions
- C# Part 3 - Drawing Windows Forms
- C# Part 4 - Writing Basic C# Code
- C# Part 5 - Variables and Data Types
- C# Part 6 - If Statements and Conditional Operators
- C# Part 7 - Writing Methods
- C# Part 8 - Switch Statements
- C# Part 9 - While Loops and Do Loops
- C# Part 10 - For Loops
- C# Part 11 - Foreach Loops
- C# Part 12 - Arrays
- C# Part 13 - Lists
- C# Part 14 - Exceptions and Error Handling
C# Programming videos | C# Part 13 - Lists
Posted by Andrew Gould on 01 December 2014
A List is similar to an Array, in that it allows you to store multiple items under a single variable name. The advantage of using lists is that they're designed to change their size dynamically as you add items to them. This video teaches you how to work with lists including how to declare, initialise and add items to them. You'll see several techniques for looping over the items in a list, including while loops, for loops and foreach loops. You'll also learn how to remove and find items in a list, including how to write basic Lambda expressions.
See our full range of C# training resources.
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.