C# PROGRAMMING VIDEOS▼
- C# Part 1 - Installing and Configuring Visual Studio
- C# Part 2 - Working with Projects and Solutions
- C# Part 3 - Drawing Windows Forms
- C# Part 4 - Writing Basic C# Code
- C# Part 5 - Variables and Data Types
- C# Part 6 - If Statements and Conditional Operators
- C# Part 7 - Writing Methods
- C# Part 8 - Switch Statements
- C# Part 9 - While Loops and Do Loops
- C# Part 10 - For Loops
- C# Part 11 - Foreach Loops
- C# Part 12 - Arrays
- C# Part 13 - Lists
- C# Part 14 - Exceptions and Error Handling
C# Programming videos | C# Part 3 - Drawing Windows Forms
Posted by Andrew Gould on 31 October 2014
Part 3 of the Basic Programming in Visual C# series shows you how to create basic Windows Forms. You'll learn about the Toolbox and how to add controls to a form. The video also teaches you various techniques for aligning and distributing controls to create a professional-looking layout. You'll learn about form and control properties to alter the appearance and behaviour of your forms, and also how to run your application to test that everything works correctly.
There are no files which go with this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.