- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (82)
- Microsoft Excel (70)
- Microsoft Office (92)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (35)
- Power Platform (35)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (215)
- Visual C# (14)
- Excel VBA - Basics (24)
- VBA User Forms (22)
- Excel VBA - pivot tables (9)
- Excel VBA - charts (6)
- VBA - advanced (14)
- VBA - working with files (12)
- VBA - linking applications (12)
- VBA - working with Outlook (14)
- Built-in VBA functions (9)
- VBA - working with data (57)
- VBA - scraping websites (25)
- VBA - working with shapes (5)
- VBA - classes and structures (6)
VBA - WORKING WITH OUTLOOK VIDEOS▼
- Excel VBA Part 29.1 - Creating Outlook Emails
- Excel VBA Part 29.2 - Outlook Email Events
- Excel VBA Part 29.3 - Outlook Emails using the Word Editor
- Excel VBA Part 29.4 - Inserting Pictures in Outlook Emails
- Excel VBA Part 29.5 - Copying Emails from the Outlook Inbox
- Excel VBA Part 29.6 - Referencing a Named Folder in Outlook
- Excel VBA Part 29.7 - Looping Through All Outlook Folders
- Excel VBA Part 29.8 - Saving Attachments from an Outlook Folder
- Excel VBA Part 29.9 - Finding Outlook Emails using Filters
- Excel VBA Part 29.10 - Getting Emails from another Outlook Account
- Excel VBA Part 29.11 - Sending Emails from another Outlook Account
- Excel VBA Part 29.12 - Filtering Outlook Items using Restrict
- Excel VBA Part 29.13 - DASL Filters in Outlook
- How do I save attachments from emails in a Windows folder?
VBA - working with Outlook videos | Excel VBA Part 29.6 - Referencing a Named Folder in Outlook
Posted by Andrew Gould on 29 April 2019
This video explains how to reference and loop over the items in a named folder in Outlook. You'll learn about Outlook's folder structure, how to reference the root folder of an Outlook namespace and how to loop over a collection of folder items, writing the details into a worksheet.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Reference Named Outlook Folder.xlsm||Excel workbook with macros|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.