- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (81)
- Microsoft Excel (63)
- Microsoft Office (85)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (19)
- Python (14)
- Report Builder (102)
- Reporting Services (108)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (207)
- Visual C# (14)
- Python Part 1 - Getting started with Python
- Python Part 2 - Installing and customising Visual Studio Code
- Python Part 3 - Ranges, loops and formatting
- Python Part 4 - Virtual Environments
- Python Part 5 - Modules
- Python Part 6 - Debugging
- Python Part 7a - Sequences: iterating using for loops
- Python Part 7b - Sequences: slicing
- Python Part 7c - Sequences: other techniques
- Python Part 8 - List Comprehensions
- Python Part 9 - Files and Folders
- Python Part 10 - Sets
- Python Part 11 - Dictionaries
- Python Part 12a - Functions
Python videos | Python Part 4 - Virtual Environments
Posted by Andy Brown on 11 October 2021
Virtual environments allow you to keep your different Python systems independent of each other. You don't have to use them, but you'll almost certainly regret it if you don't!
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.