- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (81)
- Microsoft Excel (63)
- Microsoft Office (85)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (23)
- Python (29)
- Report Builder (102)
- Reporting Services (108)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (207)
- Visual C# (14)
- Python Part 1 - Getting started with Python
- Python Part 2 - Installing and customising Visual Studio Code
- Python Part 3 - Ranges, loops and formatting
- Python Part 4 - Virtual Environments
- Python Part 5 - Modules
- Python Part 6 - Debugging
- Python Part 7a - Sequences: iterating using for loops
- Python Part 7b - Sequences: slicing
- Python Part 7c - Sequences: other techniques
- Python Part 8 - List Comprehensions
- Python Part 9 - Files and Folders
- Python Part 10 - Sets
- Python Part 11 - Dictionaries
- Python Part 12a - Functions
- Python Part 12b - Advanced Functions
- Python Part 13 - Error-trapping
- Python Part 14a - Working with numbers
- Python Part 14b - Working with Booleans
- Python Part 14c - Working with dates/times
- Python Part 14d - Working with strings
- Python Part 15 - Scraping websites
- Python Part 16a - Linking to SQL Server
- Python Part 16b - Linking to CSV files
- Python Part 16c - Linking to JSON files
- Python Part 17a- Excel using openpyxl
- Python Part 17b - VBA using pywin32
- Python Part 18 - NumPy
- Python Part 19 - Pandas
- Python Part 20 - Working with Power BI Desktop
Python videos | Python Part 14b - Working with Booleans
Posted by Andy Brown on 02 November 2021
A summary of ways in which you can work with the Boolean data type (representing True or False) in Python.
If you're not a channel member, don't worry - the video will be released publicly after a short period of member exclusivity.
This video has the following accompanying files:
|Boolean data type.py||Python code||The Boolean data type|
|Boolean operators.py||Python code||Boolean operators|
|Combining conditions.py||Python code||Using And Or and Not|
|All and any.py||Python code||Using All and Any|
Click to download a zipped copy of the above files.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.