C# PROGRAMMING VIDEOS
- C# Part 1 - Installing and Configuring Visual Studio
- C# Part 2 - Working with Projects and Solutions
- C# Part 3 - Drawing Windows Forms
- C# Part 4 - Writing Basic C# Code
- C# Part 5 - Variables and Data Types
- C# Part 6 - If Statements and Conditional Operators
- C# Part 7 - Writing Methods
- C# Part 8 - Switch Statements
- C# Part 9 - While Loops and Do Loops
- C# Part 10 - For Loops
- C# Part 11 - Foreach Loops
- C# Part 12 - Arrays
- C# Part 13 - Lists
- C# Part 14 - Exceptions and Error Handling
VIDEOS BY AUTHOR
VIDEOS BY YEAR
C# Programming videos | C# Part 9 - While Loops and Do Loops
Posted by Andrew Gould on 17 November 2014
A While Loop in C# allows your code to repeat a set of instructions while a condition is met. This video starts by teaching you how to write a basic While statement and moves on to explain how to avoid endless loops, how to break out of a loop, how to continue to the next iteration of the loop and also how to use the Do statement to change where your condition is evaluated. The second half of the video demonstrates how to use While loops in a practical context by looping over the lines of a text file - as a bonus you'll learn a little about StreamReaders and how to use basic arrays too!
You can download any files that you need for this video from this blog.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.