- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (81)
- Microsoft Excel (63)
- Microsoft Office (85)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (32)
- Python (29)
- Report Builder (106)
- Reporting Services (112)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (212)
- Visual C# (14)
SQL SERVER 2016 VIDEOS▼
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 1 - Installing SQL Server 2016 Developer Edition
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 2 - Using Configuration Manager and Management Studio
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 3 - System Databases, Backing Up and Restoring
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 4 - Databases, Logins, Users, Roles and Schemas
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 5 - Basic Table Design, Data Types and Constraints
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 6 - Designing and Creating Relational Databases
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 7 - Computed Columns
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 8 - The Wise Owl Movies Database
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 9 - Installing SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
SQL Server 2016 videos | SQL Server 2016 Pt 4 - Databases, Logins, Users, Roles and Schemas
Posted by Andrew Gould on 02 November 2016
Creating a new SQL Server database is pretty simple, as the first part of this video shows. What's a little more complex is configuring access to that database for other users. This video explains the basics of logins, users, server and database roles, permissions and schemas to provide you with an overview of what's possible.
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.