SQL SERVER 2016 VIDEOS
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 1 - Installing SQL Server 2016 Developer Edition
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 2 - Using Configuration Manager and Management Studio
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 3 - System Databases, Backing Up and Restoring
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 4 - Databases, Logins, Users, Roles and Schemas
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 5 - Basic Table Design, Data Types and Constraints
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 6 - Designing and Creating Relational Databases
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 7 - Computed Columns
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 8 - The Wise Owl Movies Database
- SQL Server 2016 Pt 9 - Installing SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
SQL Server 2016 videos | SQL Server 2016 Pt 4 - Databases, Logins, Users, Roles and Schemas
Posted by Andrew Gould on 02 November 2016
Creating a new SQL Server database is pretty simple, as the first part of this video shows. What's a little more complex is configuring access to that database for other users. This video explains the basics of logins, users, server and database roles, permissions and schemas to provide you with an overview of what's possible.
You can increase the size of the video:
You can view the video in full screen mode as shown on the left, using the icon at the bottom right of the frame.
You can also increase the quality of the video:
You can improve the resolution of the video using another icon at the bottom right of the frame. This will slow down the connection speed, but increase the display and sound quality. This icon only becomes visible when you start playing the video.
Finally, if nothing happens when you play the video, check that you're not using IE in compatibility view.