- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (82)
- Microsoft Excel (70)
- Microsoft Office (92)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (35)
- Power Platform (35)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (215)
- Visual C# (14)
SELECTING DATA IN SQL VIDEOS▼
- SQL Queries Part 1 - Writing basic queries
- SQL Queries Part 2 - Sorting queries in SQL
- SQL Queries Part 3 - Using Criteria in Queries
- SQL Queries Part 4 - Creating Calculations in Queries
- SQL Queries Part 5 - Using CASE Statements
- SQL Queries Part 7 - Using Functions in Queries
- SQL Queries Part 8 - Calculations with Text
- SQL Queries Part 9 - Calculations with Dates
- SQL Queries Part 6 - Using Joins in Queries
- SQL Queries Part 10 - Grouping and Aggregating Data
- SQL Queries Part 11 - Subqueries
- SQL Queries Part 12 - Correlated Subqueries
Selecting data in SQL videos | SQL Queries Part 8 - Calculations with Text
Posted by Andrew Gould on 21 June 2012
Learn how to perform calculations with text in Microsoft SQL Server queries. This video teaches you how to create calculated columns in a query involving text, including how to concatenate separate pieces of text into longer strings and how to use functions to split a longer piece of text into separate parts.
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.