- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (82)
- Microsoft Excel (70)
- Microsoft Office (92)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (35)
- Power Platform (35)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (215)
- Visual C# (14)
ADVANCED SQL (PROGRAMMING) VIDEOS▼
- SQL Programming Part 1 - Stored Procedure Basics
- SQL Programming Part 2 - Stored Procedure Parameters
- SQL Programming Part 3 - Variables in SQL
- SQL Programming Part 4 - Output Parameters and Return Values
- SQL Programming Part 5 - IF Statements in SQL
- SQL Programming Part 6 - WHILE Loops
- SQL Programming Part 7 - User Defined Functions
- SQL Programming Part 8 - Temporary Tables
- SQL Programming Part 9 - Table variables
- SQL Programming Part 10 - Table-Valued Functions
- SQL Programming Part 12 - Cursors
- SQL Programming Part 11 - Common Table Expressions (CTEs)
- SQL Programming Part 13 - Dynamic SQL
- SQL Programming Part 14 - Transactions
- SQL Programming Part 15 - DML Triggers
- SQL Programming Part 16 - DDL Triggers
- SQL Programming Part 17 - The Pivot Operator
- SQL Programming Part 18 - Dynamic Pivot Tables
Advanced SQL (programming) videos | SQL Programming Part 4 - Output Parameters and Return Values
Posted by Andrew Gould on 28 November 2012
Output parameters and return values are two methods in SQL for getting information out of a stored procedure. This video teaches you how to use both methods, including how to define output parameters and set their values within a procedure, how to add a return statement to a stored procedure, and how to capture the output of a procedure when you execute it.
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.