- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (82)
- Microsoft Excel (70)
- Microsoft Office (92)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (35)
- Power Platform (35)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (215)
- Visual C# (14)
- An overview of the Excel Power BI Tools
- Getting started with Power Query
- A full Power Query case study
- Getting started with PowerPivot
- Creating data models in PowerPivot
- Pivot tables based on PowerPivot data models
- Linking to and importing from other data sources
- Creating calculated columns within PowerPivot
- Calculated fields (measures) in PowerPivot
- Using the CALCULATE function in PowerPivot
- The FILTER, RANKX and EARLIER functions in DAX
- Using calendars and dates in PowerPivot
- Using the DAX date functions within PowerPivot
- Creating hierarchies within PowerPivot
- Creating KPIs (key performance indicators) within PowerPivot
- An Introduction to Power View
- Filters in Power View
- Creating charts in Power View
- Creating maps in Power View
- An overview of Power Map
PowerPivot videos | An overview of Power Map
Posted by Andy Brown on 16 June 2015
This tutorial gives an overview of how to use Power Map to create maps within Excel (it doesn't pretend to tell you everything about the software, but will show you enough to get you started, and help you decide whether this is the mapping software for you).
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.