- VIDEOS HOME PAGE
- .NET (14)
- Business Intelligence (40)
- Integration Services (19)
- Macros and Programming (82)
- Microsoft Excel (70)
- Microsoft Office (92)
- Miscellaneous (1)
- Power BI (35)
- Power Platform (35)
- Python (31)
- Report Builder (107)
- Reporting Services (113)
- SQL (42)
- Visual Basic for Applications (215)
- Visual C# (14)
- An overview of the Excel Power BI Tools
- Getting started with Power Query
- A full Power Query case study
- Getting started with PowerPivot
- Creating data models in PowerPivot
- Pivot tables based on PowerPivot data models
- Linking to and importing from other data sources
- Creating calculated columns within PowerPivot
- Calculated fields (measures) in PowerPivot
- Using the CALCULATE function in PowerPivot
- The FILTER, RANKX and EARLIER functions in DAX
- Using calendars and dates in PowerPivot
- Using the DAX date functions within PowerPivot
- Creating hierarchies within PowerPivot
- Creating KPIs (key performance indicators) within PowerPivot
- An Introduction to Power View
- Filters in Power View
- Creating charts in Power View
- Creating maps in Power View
- An overview of Power Map
PowerPivot videos | Creating data models in PowerPivot
Posted by Andy Brown on 17 April 2015
How to import tables into a PowerPivot data model, only choosing rows and columns of interest, and then hide tables and fields from client view to create a clean, simple data model
There are no files which go with this video.
There are no exercises for this video.
Making a video bigger
You can increase the size of your video to make it fill the screen like this:
Play your video (the icons shown won't appear until you do), then click on the full screen icon which appears as shown at its bottom right-hand corner.
When you've finished viewing a video in full screen mode, just press the Esc key to return to normal view.
Improving the quality of a video
To improve the quality of a video, first click on the Settings icon:
Make sure you're playing your video so that the icons shown appear, then click on this gear icon at the bottom right-hand corner.
Choose to change the video quality:
Click on Quality as shown to bring up the submenu.
The higher the number you choose, the better will be your video quality (but the slower the connection speed):
Don't choose the HD option unless you have a fast enough connection speed to support it!
Is your Wise Owl speaking too slowly (or too quickly)? You can also use the Settings menu above to change your playback speed.