WISE OWL EXERCISES
ADVANCED VBA EXERCISES
Advanced VBA | FileDialogs exercise | Customising FileDialog box
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
The answer to the exercise will be included and explained if you attend the course listed below!
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Create a macro to display a dialog box for choosing a file as follows:
Notes on the options to set are shown below
Here are some of the things to build in:
- The title says Choose CBeebies file
- The default button says Choose TV file
- There are two filters - Teletubbies (for all .txt files) and Tweenies (for all .xls files)
- The dialog box opens with the File set 2 folder pre-selected
- The initial view of files is as large icons
Your macro should display a suitable message if your user chooses Cancel, or this message otherwise:
Display the file chosen otherwise
Save your macro file with a suitable name, then close it down.