WISE OWL EXERCISES
SSRS REPORTING SERVICES EXERCISES
- Designing a Simple Report (3)
- Data sources and datasets (1)
- Tables (5)
- Grouping tables (6)
- Expressions (8)
- Pages and printing (2)
- Parameters (15)
- Indicators (3)
- Gauges (4)
- Matrices (5)
- Charts (6)
- Data bars and sparklines (2)
- Lists (4)
- Subreports (2)
- Revision of expressions (3)
- Variables (3)
- Embedding code (3)
- Basic Custom Assemblies (2)
- Examples of custom assemblies (1)
- Customising reports (2)
- Using SQL views (3)
- Stored procedures in SSRS (2)
- Stored procedure parameters (2)
- Dropdowns with procedures (3)
- Multivalue parameter procedures (1)
- Improving report navigation (2)
- Linking reports (drilldown) (4)
- Dynamic reports (2)
SSRS Reporting Services | Charts exercise | Charts - simple bar chart by cert and country
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
You can learn how to do this exercise if you attend the course listed below!
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Create a report, using a dataset which takes fields as follows:
We'll show the average box office takings by country and certificate
Create a chart in your report which shows the average box office takings by certificate and country:
This chart uses the Chocolate palette!
The number format above is $#,##0,, - this automatically scales the box office takings by $1,000,000 (each comma scales it by 1,000).
Save this report as Chocolatey Chart, then close it down.