- Access exercises (91)
- C# exercises (79)
- Excel exercises (278)
- Power Apps exercises (13)
- Power Automate exercises (18)
- Power BI exercises (139)
- Power Platform exercises ()
- Python exercises (28)
- Report Builder exercises (141)
- SQL exercises (198)
- SSAS exercises (51)
- SSIS exercises (46)
- SSRS exercises (99)
- VBA exercises (85)
- Visual Basic exercises (46)
POWER BI EXERCISES▼
- PowerPivot data models (7)
- Pivot tables using PowerPivot (2)
- Using Excel tables (3)
- Using other data sources (1)
- Transforming data (Power Query) (7)
- Calculated columns (7)
- Measures (2)
- The CALCULATE function (15)
- More advanced DAX functions (5)
- Calendars (1)
- Date functions (10)
- Hierarchies (2)
- KPIs (5)
- Power View (4)
- Power BI Desktop overview (3)
- Power BI Desktop maps (1)
PowerPivot | Date functions exercise | Create quarter-to-date and year-to-date subtotals
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
To start, if you haven't already done so run the script in the above folder to generate the MAM database (not for commercial use or copying).
Create quarter-to-date and year-to-date total quantity sold measures using the TOTALQTD and TOTALYTD functions:
You'll need to import the tblPos, tblTransaction and tblCalendar tables.
Save this workbook as Years and quarters, then close it down.