- Access exercises (91)
- C# exercises (79)
- Excel exercises (278)
- Power Apps exercises (13)
- Power Automate exercises (18)
- Power BI exercises (139)
- Power Platform exercises ()
- Python exercises (28)
- Report Builder exercises (141)
- SQL exercises (198)
- SSAS exercises (51)
- SSIS exercises (46)
- SSRS exercises (99)
- VBA exercises (85)
- Visual Basic exercises (46)
SSRS REPORTING SERVICES EXERCISES▼
- Designing a Simple Report (3)
- Data sources and datasets (1)
- Tables (5)
- Grouping tables (6)
- Expressions (8)
- Pages and printing (2)
- Parameters (15)
- Indicators (3)
- Gauges (4)
- Matrices (5)
- Charts (6)
- Data bars and sparklines (2)
- Lists (4)
- Subreports (2)
- Revision of expressions (3)
- Variables (3)
- Embedding code (3)
- Basic Custom Assemblies (2)
- Examples of custom assemblies (1)
- Customising reports (2)
- Using SQL views (3)
- Stored procedures in SSRS (2)
- Stored procedure parameters (2)
- Dropdowns with procedures (3)
- Multivalue parameter procedures (1)
- Improving report navigation (2)
- Linking reports (drilldown) (4)
- Dynamic reports (2)
SSRS Reporting Services | Parameters exercise | Cascading Parameters to Select Films by Directors
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
- Go into SQL Server Management Studio;
- Open the SQL file you've just unzipped (you can press CTRL + O to do this); then
- Execute this script.
This will generate the database that you'll need to use in order to do this exercise (note that the database and script are only to be used for exercises published on this website, and may not be reused or distributed in any form without the prior written permission of Wise Owl).
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Create a report called Casting Decisions and add a data source which connects to the Movies database.
Create a report which allows a user to select a director, followed by a film in order to see a list of cast members for the selected film:
You'll need three datasets and two parameters to achieve this.
Save and close the report once you have it working.