WISE OWL EXERCISES
SSRS REPORTING SERVICES EXERCISES
- Designing a Simple Report (3)
- Data sources and datasets (1)
- Tables (5)
- Grouping tables (6)
- Expressions (8)
- Pages and printing (2)
- Parameters (9)
- Indicators (3)
- Gauges (4)
- Matrices (5)
- Charts (6)
- Data bars and sparklines (2)
- Lists (4)
- Subreports (2)
- Revision of expressions (3)
- Variables (3)
- Embedding code (3)
- Basic Custom Assemblies (2)
- Examples of custom assemblies (1)
- Customising reports (2)
- Stored procedures in SSRS (2)
- Stored procedure parameters (2)
- Dropdowns with procedures (9)
- Multivalue parameter procedures (1)
- Improving report navigation (2)
- Linking reports (drilldown) (4)
- Dynamic reports (2)
SSRS Reporting Services | Expressions exercise | Format Dead And Alive Actors
This exercise is provided to allow potential course delegates to choose the correct Wise Owl Microsoft training course, and may not be reproduced in whole or in part in any format without the prior written consent of Wise Owl.
The answer to the exercise will be included and explained if you attend the course listed below!
- Go into SQL Server Management Studio;
- Open the SQL file you've just unzipped (you can press CTRL + O to do this); then
- Execute this script.
This will generate the database that you'll need to use in order to do this exercise (note that the database and script are only to be used for exercises published on this website, and may not be reused or distributed in any form without the prior written permission of Wise Owl).
You need a minimum screen resolution of about 700 pixels width to see our exercises. This is because they contain diagrams and tables which would not be viewable easily on a mobile phone or small laptop. Please use a larger tablet, notebook or desktop computer, or change your screen resolution settings.
Create a report called Live And Let Die, add a data source which connects to the Movies database and a dataset which includes these fields:
Select these fields from the Actor table.
Assign these fields to a table and create expressions to format deceased actors as in the example below:
Add expressions to the Color, BackgroundColor and TextDecoration properties to achieve this result.
Save and close the report.